Saturday, March 14, 2009


I decided that I was going to participate in the 5k Rex Lee Run Cure for Cancer today. Not really sure why I decided to do this but I am glad I did. I have always wanted to, but never actually followed through with it. Thus, on cold (seriously cold, people were in sweatshirts, gloves, and mittens), I woke up at 8, put on my running shoes, shorts, and brand new Rex Lee Run t-shirt, and headed down to the BYU track. It was so cold a first I almost went home but my determination kicked in and I stayed. Sadly, nobody wanted to run with me so I ran it all alone. It was fun but I would much rather run it with a friend next time. So, please, if you want to run it again with me next year let me know.

I tried to look up my time and place but for some reason it didn't get recorded. Lame. Either way, it was a great cause to run for.

5 comments:

Annie. said...

I have always wanted to run Rex Lee in behalf of my mom! But it's always been on a weekend we went down to NM or something. And this year, for obvious reasons, it didn't work out either. Let's run it together next year! I'm serious!

Abby said...

I'd do it with you if I lived there...way to go!

Darci said...

I am not going to lie...I don't do running. Good job Britt!

Sue said...

I ran it two years ago and it was awesome! I set a goal and actually achieved it. The running part sucked but the finishing part was cool. It was freezing then too.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I would have run it with you!! How fun!