Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sick

I took my first sick day yesterday. I felt terrible when I woke up and I only felt worse as the day went on. Still, I went to school and tried to teach. That failed.

I ended up showing a movie instead--my students loved it. I was wearing a jacket, a coat, a scarf, and gloves and I was still freezing. My students kept asking me why I was wearing gloves. I told them I was freezing cold and not feeling well. I guess I can take a hint.

After lunch I spoke with my principal, who is so understanding, and he got a substitute within 10 minutes to cover my classes. Needless to say, I went home early and slept.

When Adam got home we:
1. Ate Zupas for dinner
2. Watched SYTYCD
3. Watched some of Glee
4. Watched the Proposal.
Great movie. Go see it. We saw it in the theater and both like it so we decided to buy it.

Being sick is miserable. But there is ONE good thing. It is Fall Break for Alpine School District which means no school Thursday and Friday. At least I don't have to write sub lesson plans for the next two days while I get better.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Being sick is so miserable. At least you have somewhat of a holiday to recover. Hope you feel better soon!

erika herman said...

Yes, being sick is miserable. writing sub plans is even worse. you would almost rather teach feeling miserable than try to come up with something else for some random to do with your kids. hope you feel better too.