Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quilt

I finished the quilt for our baby boy!



I loved making the quilt and picking out the fabric. I could spend many hours at fabric stores. I got these fabrics at Just Sew in Highland. I picked out the fabric a while back and it ended up matching the bedding perfectly.



This quilt pattern was fairly simple and quick to put together. I still need to wash it once to fray the edges.





It was my first time doing a binding on a quilt. My mother-in-law taught me how and it is so much simpler than I thought it was going to be.

I love this quilt and can't wait to wrap our little guy up in it.

6 comments:

Annie. said...

It's darling! Good job! I would LOVE for you to teach me how to sew.

Abby said...

I love it! Teach me? If you do I'll make one for your next baby;)

Shannon said...

That is adorable!!!

Dan and Heather said...

Wow Brit that is adorable! Hey sorry I couldn't make it to the shower, we were up at PineView with Dan's family all weekend. I will bring your gift to the next book club!!

Heather Whitworth said...

Brittany, so so so cute! When you wash it, add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to your wash water and it will help seal all the colors in so they don't bleed or fade. Seriously, love it!

kesli said...

Great job, it is so dang cute. Good thing Sally knows a thing or two about sewing quilts. I would love to know the info about the pattern. I am always looking for new, cute patterns.

Good luck with the remaining days.