Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Florida

Lets go back a couple weeks to Florida. It was lovely. Crew and I enjoyed our quite time in the mornings eating breakfast and going to the pool while we waited for Adam to get home from his meetings. By noon  Crew was down for a nap and Adam was home and then we would head out for lunch, more pool time or the ocean--but the water was cold--and then dinner. I was so glad Crew and I could tag along for this business trip. 






 Find a rock, pick it up, throw it in the water, repeat. All day enjoyment for Crew. 













 Our second night in Amelia we went to Downtown Fernindina. It was my favorite night and we ate the best dinner at the mexican restaurant right on center street. 





 We stopped at this local ice cream shoppe and got homemade chocolates and ice cream. Crew devoured his and got so messy. People would stop and watch him eat like it was the cutest messiest thing they had ever seen. 





  Amelia Island and Fernindina Beach/town are quite old and have all these amazing buildings that I loved. 



 The center street of downtown was lined with all these trees--which is why I think it was so charming.


The next morning I took Crew on a walk. The most amazing site in Amelia Island, in my opinion, are the living oak trees. There were everywhere! They would canopy the roads and moss hangs from them and they grown in all directions. They were amazing! 






 After our walk we went to the pool and stayed the whole day just playing and eating.






 The conference was held at the Ritz Carlton...I know I know, it was very nice. The kiddy area was so fun for Crew complete with a kids pool and sand area. 





 The flowers were amazing and they made the entire pool area and restaurant smell divine. 



Eating lunch at the pool side cafe. We all loved our food. Jenica, our friend and Adam's co-worker was also on the business trip. We hung out with her a lot and by the end of the trip Crew was saying her name and following her around. She was so cute to Crew. 




 Hand down Crew new favorite activity in the pool is to jump from the pool side edge into the water. He did this over and over and over. 



We loved out stay in Ameila Island and would love to go back someday. We loved where we stayed, The Omni villas, but the Ritz was our favorite. I am glad to have discovered this gem of a vacation spot and to have had the chance to be with Adam instead of away from his during this long business trip. 

1 comment:

Tyler and Jenica said...

That was so much fun! Crew is such a cute boy, it was fun getting to know him better :)