Thursday, July 26, 2012

Boy or Girl?

It's a...



  GIRL!



Adam and I are so excited that we are having a little girl! Honestly, I was pretty sold on the fact that this was going to be another boy. The only doubt in my mind that it wasn't a boy was the fact that I was sick during the first trimester. So when the ultra sound technician said it was a girl I started to cry...I guess my heightened emotions should have been a clue...I was so surprised. 

Adam never said what he thought it was (even though I tried to get him to say he thought it was a boy) because he didn't have a strong feeling one way or another. With Crew we both KNEW he was a boy. I had told Adam that I would love if we had two or even three boys right by each other in age. But now knowing that we have this little girl coming into our family I wound't have it any other way. And it feels so perfect.  

Knowing we are having a girl makes me feel like this is our first baby all over again. There are so many changes that we get to make--like a new nursery--that I believe I have already started nesting.

Adam and I tried for a little while to get pregnant this second time (we can't just do our laundry together and get pregnant :)) and we feel so blessed that everything with this sweet girl is healthy and measuring well. Adam and I are instantly in love with this baby girl.  

6 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Congrats! Girls are so fun! Bring on the pink!

Darci said...

HOORAY!!! How fun that you will have one of each. Seriously, having a girl has been way more fun than I ever imagined. I always pictured myself with three boys or something. You will love it:)

Monica said...

So fun! I can't wait to see the nursery you come up with. :)

LaddandKatieMarshall said...

Congrats! One of each! Hope you are feeling well!

erika herman said...

Yay! Girls are so fun. She is going to be a babe.

Shannon said...

Yay for a girl!