Friday, February 22, 2013

The beaches in Costa Rica

Costa Rica has some pretty amazing beaches. We spent a lot of time relaxing at the beach and an equal amount of time slathering on sunscreen so we didn't burn. The water was the warmest ocean water I have ever been in ever. It was surprising because I thought Cancun and Caribbean water was really warm, but it still was not as warm as this. It was awesome to be able to just jump in the ocean and not have the water "shock" me with a cold feeling. The waves were unreal. We would buggy board, surf (the guys), and body surf all day.  




On Wednesday we took a day out to explore. We stopped at this very picturesque beach on our way to a waterfall. It was completely empty of people and we thought we got lucky and found a secluded beach. Nope. Just so happens early that day a guy was spear fishing a got attacked my a crocodile. The crock bit his head and then the guy speared him and got away. Crazy! Good thing we didn't get in the water.





 As we were enjoying the beach view, and slathering on sunscreen, a coconut fell from the tree and landed right by Heather. So we cracked it open and tried some fresh coconut--not so tasty. I don't know how the folks on Survivor live off of coconuts and rice. No thank you.






We drove past this airplane that was being turning into a resturant. I guess an airplane would be an exciting place to dine if you haven't ever ridden on a plane. And this was not the only airplane/restaurant we saw either. Not my first choice. But they did have ice cold diet coke which pleased my mother-in-law. 


 We finally reached the waterfall and I was probably my favorite activity we did all week. Mostly due to the awesome rope swing. 



Collins was a trooper and hung out on her blanket most of the day. I have a feeling she was smiling in this picture because she was in the shade. It is hot hot hot there. 




We ended the day at Manuel Antonio. It is a National Forest Preserve and it is gorgeous. Of course my camera battery died before I could get a picture of the white faced monkeys we got to see. They were seriously so cute. Manuel Antonio had beautiful pristine beaches and clear clear water. I wish we could have spent more time there. 


light, dark, medium
"it takes hard work to keep my skin this white"--Adam


 That evenings sunset was the captivating.  So gorgeous.


Next up...surfing and maybe zip-lining, if I can get the pictures from other family members. 

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ok, you look AMAZING! Way to go, girl. And, Collins is just about the most adorable thing I have ever seen. She is seriously cute, my friend.

Monica said...

I laughed reading Adam's white skin comment. My husband would say the same haha