Friday, August 2, 2013

Growing


17 weeks

Nelson Baby #3 is on its way. I am due January 5th (making Collins and this baby 13 months apart!).  Yes, it was a complete and total surprise but we are excited. Three kids three years old and under is going to be busy. Crazy that I can even put myself in that category of having such young kids--but I'll take it. I love being a mom, even with the whining, diaper changing, and worrying over my kids because on the flip side I get giggles, kisses and hugs, and cozy kids in pajamas to cuddle with. 

The first trimester was rough. I was sick and so tired. I was also trying to emotionally and mentally prepare myself for being pregnant again. I didn't want to miss my time growing close to Collins in these precious infant months and learning who she is. And Honestly, I don't feel like anything has interfered with Collins' and my relationship--which I am grateful for. 

I have been spending a lot of time at the pool with my kids this summer. Sometimes I wonder what people think when they see me. Is she pregnant? Is she pregnant and if so, how old is her baby? Maybe she is still just trying to lose her baby weight? Then again, I doubt I would think those things if I saw me at the pool. Who's really looking and thinking in that mind set--just me. 

I have also met a lot of people, (moms, friends, friends of friends) who have kids 11, 12, 13, 14 ect... months apart. They give me hope. I am nervous to have another winter newborn. It was hard with the colder weather, being housebound, and nasty sicknesses that come with the season. But I just keep telling myself that I don't have another option so I will roll with it and try my best. 

We are feeling blessed and are looking forward to finding out the gender soon. 

5 comments:

Monica said...

You are beautiful. I can't believe you're already 17 weeks along! You seem like you can easily handle three kids three and under. ;) One of the hardest parts for me when having a winter baby was not having many visitors because they were sick and/or busy with Christmas plans (visitors can keep you sane when you're stuck home).

Kourtni said...

Brittany, congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your family. And as always, you look awesome :) You have a great attitude about motherhood, which is why I have no doubt that you'll do just fine with 3 small kids.

Brittney said...

Congratulations Britt! Three little ones does seem like a lot, but at least Collins and the new baby will still take naps a lot :) It does sound tough, but so are you! I am always so impressed with everything you accomplish, you are so much more productive than me.

You haircut is so cute! I loved it long, but change is fun and it looks so good on you :) Love you!

Karim Jones said...

Okay I don't normally comment on strangers blogs... BUT! Believe you me, I know how you feel. I have an almost 2 year old and an almost 1 year old. They are 13 months apart. And it's hard! But it's also so amazing! Congratulations!

KB said...

Very excited for you!! Wish I was around to hang with you and the kiddos.