Friday, June 13, 2008

Happenings

Now that I am a teacher, I get to go to really fun conferences (that the Alpine School District pays for). Some of the classes I went to, of the many to choose from, were How to Make Roman Shades, Fact or Fiction on foods, Current Home Trends, and my favorite Plate Design taught by a teacher/chef from the Art Institute of SL. He taught us all about garnishes and proper plate design and placement.

Here is my plated design of chocolate mousse, fruit couli, and a sweat white cream posing in the typical Beatty Crocker fashion.

Here is a close up of my master piece. I think the mint leaf adds a lot of character.

Chelsea and I went to the Parade of Homes last Saturday and this room was one of our favorites!

Adam and I also went to Color Me Mine with Amanda and Marshall (pictures to come). We loved it! Our plate and bowl turned out amazing!

Adam also got his first sale as an account magager at work! I am so proud of him. He loves his job and works so hard at it.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

wowza. that plating is fantastic. i think the styrofoam plate adds a dash of class, if you know what i mean!