Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and a hot glue gun

Adam and I really enjoyed our Thanksgiving break. We didn't do anything work related. It was wonderful. I am discovering that although I love teaching it is hard at times having the long breaks during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and summer is well needed, enjoyed, and deserved! Adam and I didn't have to work from Wed--Fri. I got so much done and enjoyed just being with Adam. Plus we saw so many movies.

My first craft project was this Noel sign below. It was easy and turned out to be really festive (bad lighting and ugly blinds--don't look at them).


This is a closer image of what it ended up looking like--nice and sparkly. And for your information, the other day I told Chelsea Alder that I didn't own a glue gun.
Chelsea: "How do you do crafts?"
Brittany: "look at my house... I don't do crafts. I buy them ready made."

I have decided to mature myself in the area of crafts and I went out and bought a glue gun in order to make my lovely Noel sign.


The second craft I ventured to make were these stockings. Chelsea--my decision maker--helped me pick out the fabric a while back and I created a pattern myself. Not too shabby for a homemade fabric. Plus, I got to put to use my graduation present--my sewing machine!

I also decorated for Christmas, as you might gather from the stockings, and enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner that my mother, sister, and I made at my mothers house. We got together with my Harrison side of the family for a mini reunion on Friday and I got to see my grandmother.

Somehow between Thanksgiving Dinner, family, sleeping in, crafts (not Adam), and decorating Adam and I managed to see four movies!

1. We saw Twilight which I already mentioned--However, I did go see it a second time.

2. Quatom of Solace.


3. Australia (which by the way I really liked)


4. Four Chritmases (funny, but awkward at some moments)

3 comments:

Abby said...

I have several things to say:

1.) I'm not sure whether to make fun of you for seeing Twilight for a second time ALONE, or give you a high five, but I love you for it.

2.) I don't own a glue gun either and it's been driving me crazy recently. Maybe I should follow your lead.

3.) Cute decorations. I'm going to make stockings when I get home with my mom(for next year...they will be made post-Christmas, too late for this year).

4.) It turns out we're coming to UTAH for New Years! We're only staying like 4 days, but I'd love to see you if possible.

Okay, that's all.

Chelsea said...

So, Im pretty much to thank for your Christmas Frestive-ness, right?! And I betting that 2.49 you spent on a glue gun will be well worth it!

Watts Family said...

Hey Brittany-
How' s school and are you excited for the break? I need your address for a christmas card I have for you.
Email me, chanelwatts9@yahoo.com

Thanks
Chanel