Saturday, January 30, 2010

Exciting News!

Adam and I are so excited to announce that we are expecting our first baby in August! I am 12 weeks along and we are due August 9, 2010 (which I think is a cool due date 8-9-10). It is such an amazing feeling knowing that I have a tiny baby inside me and that Adam and I are going to be parents. 2010 is going to be a fantastic year full of wonderful changes.





We went to our first doctor's appointment this week and heard the baby's heart beat. When I heard the heart beat it really hit me stronger than it has before just how miraculous bringing a baby into this world and into our family is. The heart beat was 160 and the doctor took about a minute to find it. He told me not to worry that it usually takes a while. Finally, on way on the lower left side of my stomach we heard this fast, amazing heart beat. And only 1 heart beat! After taking 3, yes 3 pregnancy tests to be sure I really was pregnant it was nice to hear the heart beat and really know I was pregnant and not just trust that the two lines I saw on the prego test.

I have been feeling great. No sickness, which I have been very grateful for! I am just tired and ultra hungry all the time. Not to mention the constant need to pee. I feel a little worse in the evening but nothing bad. (and yes, when I got the flu at Christmas time it really was the flu). I have a lot to be grateful for so early on.

We are so happy that we can now share this wonderful news with all of you. It is hard to keep it a secret when I wanted to tell everyone so badly. (But life has kept us busy and allowed the time to pass with packing our house, moving, unpacking, and teaching).

30 comments:

Morgan said...

Congratulations!!!

Abby said...

Yay yay...congrats again! When's our detail-filled phone date?

Holly said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Sue said...

Yay!!!! That means you knew when we were there! Congrats! Being a Mommy is really rewarding.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I'm excited for you guys!

I was the same way- I took three pregnany tests and then had Mike take one.

I'm glad you've been feeling well. You'll make a great mommy!

Dan and Heather said...

I am so excited for you!! Hearing that heart beat is the most amazing thing! I am so glad that you are not feeling sick, all us prego girls will have to get together sometime!

Celine said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! You guys are going to be wonderful parents :)

Darci said...

Yipee!!! Congrats again! I'm so glad you have felt great so far. We are really excited for you both!

mallory said...

Congrats Britt! Now just try to convince Chelsea to get prego ok!?

Suzy Hicks said...

Super exciting! We're excited for you guys.

Kourtni said...

Congratulations you guys! That's so exciting!

Laura said...

Congratulations! You and Adam will be such great parents!

Jamie said...

congrats again!!! were excited for you guys!! being parents is the greatest.

Tyler and Jenica said...

Okay at bowling last Friday I thought I noticed a teeny tiny bump and I was like, "I wonder if she's pregnant" but of course I didn't say anything because it was sooo small! CONGRATS!

jayni & ben said...

woot woot. I love it!! Can't believe everyone that is pregnant. I love it!! Congrats :)

Unknown said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations. I had to take a few the first time I was pregnant also. The second line wasn't very defined. Will you guys find out what you're having?

B.A.M. said...

Congrats! i am so happy for you! that is really exciting! :)

Pie said...

How exciting, congratulations Britt! I'm so glad you're feeling well. I am so excited for you both!

erika herman said...

I have been waiting for this post. Chels told me a few days ago and i am so excited for you! Congrats!

Christy Gunnell said...

Congratulations guys!! Super exciting.

kesli said...

congrats adam & brittany! we are so happy for you guys.

kesli said...

congrats adam & brittany! we are so happy for you guys.

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

Hey Brittany! I am so glad I found your blog! Congrats! Having a baby is so amazing! You will be such a good mom! Congrats on the house too! It looks beautiful!

npasley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Bryan and I's baby is about 2 weeks behind yours. Again congrats on being prego!!

alli s. miles said...

Congrats!

Megan Hilgenberg said...

WHAT? I am so excited for you. You guys are going to be great parents.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Brittany!! I'm glad the pregnancy/teaching thing is going well for you =)
-Sarah Shore

Adri said...

Congrats guys! How fun!

Brittany and Steve Macbeth said...

YEAH!!!! There is nothing better than being a parent. You guys are going to love it!!! CONGRATS!!!