Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 months


(I love his gray-blue eyes)

Crew learns so much every month. It is amazing to me that one moment he doesn't know how to do something and the next moment he can. The biggest change for Crew at nine months has been crawling! 



 
I was at a nieghborhood lunch and was telling some friends that Crew was so close to crawling but only goes backwards. I turned my head and suddenly Crew was crawling forward (after some other child's sippy cup).  It was literally seconds after I said that he 'wasn't crawling' that he started to crawl. I love it. Crew's crawl is about the cutest thing I have ever witnessed. 


Some other changes for Crew at nine months
  • He started to point his finger pointer finger--mostly in his right hand
  • He has now eaten a small melted cheese sandwich on wheat bread, mixed vegetables, vanilla and blueberry yogurt, can't get enough of bananas, graham crackers, seasoned veggie puffs, and pear or bananas with oatmeal and cinnamon baby food
  • Started eating three meals of solids. Breakfast: pears/bananas with oatmeal and cinnamon, Lunch: melted cheese sandwich with applesauce or yogurt, and 1/3 of a banana, Dinner: vegetable of some kind.
  • When he sees new people he will cuddle his head into my shoulder and I love it more than anything else
  • Pulls himself up onto his knees
  • Almost always is sittting or up his knees when we come get him from a nap
  • Crawls around and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth
  • Has seven teeth: four on top, two on the bottom middle and one the bottom right side of his mouth
  • preface: (This is a strange fact but it may help me when I look back at these list for my next baby) He usually poops at the same time everyday. One in the morning when he wakes up, and one around noon. At least I know when it is coming :-)
  • He still has sensitive skin and gets new dry spots all the time
  • When he gets excited he does this laugh where he sucks his breath in and make this "croaking laugh sound". It is pretty funny
  • got his first bruise; while crawling he fell and bumped his head
  • I no longer swaddle him when I put him down
  • He started to babble two sounds together. (ie: instead of just saying "ba ba ba" he will say "ba wa" or "ga ba") 
  • When I wave to him he laughs and smiles (he can wave but doesn't do it in response to me waving at him)
  • Loves to throw his bouncing ball that he got for Easter and crawl after it. It entertains him for a long time. 
  • Could sit in my lap and listen to me read him books all day long. He LOVES books!











I have been a mom for as long as I was pregnant. I am one of those women who loved being pregnant. But I must say that the 9 months of being a mom after being pregnant have been more blessed than I ever could have hoped for.

(For some reason Crew's nose look really yellow in some of his pictures--it really isn't that yellow)

4 comments:

Annie. said...

I can't believe he is that old already Brittany! He's getting that little boy look and losing the baby face. :)

Chelsey Bell said...

He is so cute! Congrats and it just keeps getting better! Wow time to baby proof everything, but I love that age!

Darci said...

He looks more grown up in these pictures. I can't believe he has such blonde hair:) Your nose comment cracks me up.

Abby said...

He's so cute! But what's wrong with his nose--it's so yellow?

Just kidding. :)