Monday, July 25, 2011

Harrison Family Weekend

For sometime now my family has been planning a trip to Jackson Hole as it will be our last family vacation until Parker gets back from his mission in Argentina. However, some last minute hic-ups happened and we ended up having to create our own "stay-cation" around town. Although we were sad we couldn't go to Jackson, we still had a lot of fun with the activities we did do. 

We started by going to Park city. 

We rode the gondola at Canyons Resort up the mountain side to eat at the Red Pine Lodge. It was one of the most relaxing and breathtaking surroundings I have ever been in for a lunch setting. Sadly, Adam and my Brother in law Justin, had to work. They missed out on some incredible food. If you have a chance this summer it is a fun date night with your spouse to enjoy. I think Adam and I may need to go back so he can experience the surrounding and food. 










This is my dad in true character about how he feels about all the picture I was taking--ha ha. 




After lunch we went on a short scenic hike






Crew and Eli feel asleep on the hike. They were exhausted.








We rode the gondola back down the mountain and then headed to the Alpine slide. Our hope was to ride the Alpine Coaster--amazing! but there was an hour long wait so we opted for the traditional Alpine Slide. It did not disappoint. Everyone one went down but my mom, who stayed with the babies, and Justin who seperated is shoulder and counld't really move his arms too well. Because I rode the slide I didn't get any pictures--oh well.

Day one of our stay-cation was so fun.
Even though it is nice to get away there are so many fun activities to do that are close to home.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the picture of your dad. haha We need to plan a play date soon. Let me know when works for you.

Darci said...

That picture of Crew asleep is adorable. And I agree with Sue, the picture of your dad is great.