I have always wanted to go ice skating on an outside ice rink. Someday I'll go skating at Rockefeller center but for now Midway Utah provided a great afternoon of family ice skating outside. It was so much fun. Adam and I felt like we were on a date just the two of us and Crew was happy happy being pushed around on the ice or playing in the snow.
Our first attempt at having Crew ice skate with us was to put him in his own skates and hold his hands. That lasted about one lap. As soon as Crew hit the ice he went limp. It was not fun holding dead weight around the ice rink while bending over. My back was not having it...But doesn't Crew look so cute in those tiny skates!
"Mom, do these snow pants make me look fat?"
Then we opted for the cone. Crew would stand on the outside edges of the cone and then we pushed him around the ice. It was perfect. Crew kept saying "weee" as we pushed him around. We got the cone idea from the younger kids who use it when it is there first time skating. Genius!
All the babies in their strollers.


















1 comment:
Have you really never been ice skating outside before this? I guess im not in Minnesota anymore!
In MN there are as many ice rinks as there are churches here.
Post a Comment