Monday, June 8, 2009

Quick Trip to California

I traveled down to California for a family reunion with my mother, oldest brother, my only sister Kerrie, and my nephew Jace. Sadly, Adam had to work so he couldn't make it. But luckily for me my sister lives in Logandale (40 min north of Vegas) which allowed us to make the journey down in two days. We were all squished in my mothers tiny car--which she has named Suzy Q--and we referred to as a go-cart. Honestly, it was a put-put and so slow up hills. Anyway, it was a quick trip down and back but I was so glad I was able to go.



We started off with a day at the beach. My cousin liz (next to me) got married one year ago and her and her husband will be leaving us for two years as they live in Korea. It was nice to see her and meet her husband. We will miss them while they are gone. And, Yes, I did get some sun while reading "1776".



My amazing and loving grandparents (my mothers parents).



We did a session at the San Diego Temple with all of our family. I had never done a session at this temple before and I have to say it is of the most unique layouts and one of my favorite temples now. Plus, being there with all of my mom's side of the family was really special.

We also managed to get in a exercise every morning, go shopping, celebrate my Uncle Chuck's 60 birthday, and go to In-n-Out twice in three days. Not bad.





Sunday, we made the long journey home. For the last hour of the drive before, we dropped off Kerrie and Jace in Logandale, I entertained Jace in the car. He is so funny and full of personality. He thought it was funny to drink out of my water bottle.

It was a wondeful trip and I loved being with my family.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun! I can't wait to sit in my car for 8 hours to drive back to Utah. It's been snowing here today, so hopefully Utah is warmer :)

Celine said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys while you were down here. We ended up getting home really late Saturday night. Hopefully you'll be coming down again soon! Sounds like you had a great trip (with plenty of In 'N Out!).