Last night around 6:30 pm Adam and I received our first doorbell ditch from the kids in our neighborhood. I knew it was coming as I had a student actually tip me off that he was known for doorbell ditching houses in the neighborhood. The conversation in class went something like this...
Student: "Mrs. Nelson, my friend and I are going to doorbell ditch you when you move in."
Me: "Wow. Thanks for letting me know it will be you."
Student: "You don't know that it will be me."
Me. " Yes, I will. You just told me." (8th graders and their common sense).
Student: "Is you husband that type that will chase after us and get really mad?"
Me. "I don't know. Now get back to cleaning your lab."
Thus, when the doorbell ditch came, I just smiled, didn't answer the door (because I knew who it was), and kept watching Private Practice. All in all, it was uneventful but I had to post it because the fact that I can even get doorbell ditch means we live in our new house--which I love.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
haha...congratulations! I'm so glad I don't live in school boundaries
How great to have a house of your own that can get doorbell ditched! Your house is gorgeous and we loved seeing you guys for a minute!
Molly (Landon and Griff)
Post a Comment