Friday, June 25, 2010

More sewing DYI projects

I have really enjoyed my summer break. I have kept myself busy doing projects around the house--call it nesting if you will.

I made accent pillows for our couch upstairs in the loft. (I hired someone else to recover it in the dark brown).






Before

Made curtains for our family room.






I got the material for the curtains at LA Freds in the fabric district. The fabric district is thrilling to go to. So many stores full of fabric and great deals. I also bought yards and yards of minky there to make baby silkys and such. The curtains are make of raw silk and I love them. I put black- out fabric behind to block out the sun but it also makes them fuller. Adam was kind enough to hang them for me.



Just look at all of that lovely fabric. I need to go back already.

Next up...the nursery. Only 6 weeks to go!

7 comments:

LaddandKatieMarshall said...

looks great! It was fun to see you at FACS conference--hope everything goes well in the next 6 weeks!

--katie

KB said...

That's amazing that u made all that!

Jamie said...

i wish i could sew as well as you. your drapes look amazing (you're whole house does) where do you get your pillow forms for your throw pillows. i like the look of them, they aren't stiff, lol

Abby said...

I love it all! Especially the fabrics you chose for the pillows on the couch--perfect:)

Can't wait to see the nursery!

Shannon said...

I want to go with you next time! :) The blackout fabric will also help keep the sun from destroying the silk! Just a little fact for the day :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Love the pillows!!!

. said...

I love your house.. so cute! I wish I could have made it to your shower- it looked fabulous!