Friday, September 24, 2010

Shopping

Let me start off by saying that I have a wonderful, darling, peaceful, pretty much perfect baby who is so0000 good. He is easy to care for, fun to be with all day, and loved instantly by his parents.


Side note: Right now I need new clothes. Nobody told me I would need post-pregnancy jeans because my hips are still too wide to fit into my normal jeans--that I love and can't wait to wear again...please say that I can wear them again.

That in mind, I took Crew out out shopping with me this afternoon. We have been out many times before but this time was slightly new for me.

While at the store I find tones of jeans that I love and am in the dressing when all the sudden Crew is hungry. So, I prepare a bottle and feed him--in the dressing room so he won't cry (which i think would be rude to let him cry while in the dressing room and in close proximity to people who don't care for his crying). New for me.

Then I had to change his diaper because I had too--seriously. Also new for me...changing a diaper in a dressing room.

From the time I entered the dressing room to when I left was 45 min.

In the end I did find jeans and Crew was great. I just had to adjust to shopping with a baby--which I am happy to do.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

:) Way to go, Mom!

Annie. said...

Hahaha! I remember learning the ropes on all those things...you have in your mind what it's going to be like, and a baby makes the whole experience TOTALLY different. But it is a great thing! One thing I have been SO grateful for as a mom, is that Eli has taught me there is a lot more joy in the small and simple things. You really learn what matters - and you learn that what matters brings you a lot more joy than what doesn't. As Eli got older (and past the easy sleep-through-everything newborn stage!) I found it harder and harder to shop - even grocery shop - and life really changed. I don't shop hardly ever now, and let me tell you it used to be a favorite pastime. Now I'd rather stay home with him - because he is happier if we do - and because I get a lot more joy out of life being a mom than I do being a fashionista or interior designer. :)

With all that said...take advantage of the newborn stage! If you need to shop, DO IT NOW because in a few more months it will start getting a lot more complicated! Haha!

Annie. said...

If you're like me, you'll also learn to LOVE the Nordstrom mother's lounge! HA! And you'll start to like the more expensive stores even better because their dressing rooms are so much better...

PJ & SANDRA said...

I've done the dressing room thing...good place to nurse but I felt bad for taking so long. Don't worry that Sophie peed all over when I changed her diaper. Woops! ha ha...its makes shopping super interesting doesn't it?!!!

Karebear said...

ha ha :)i know whats that like too.. with jace i went through that your story just makes me luagh remembering.