To celebrate our Four year anniversary Adam choose to take us back to the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley. I took Adam there for our Two year anniversary and we loved it. This time was no different--except that Crew came along to enjoy our little getaway with us.
Our room was so cozy and large
The view from our balcony overlooking Deer Valley Ski Resort
Our personal hot tub
Crew hanging out on our bed
Look how big our little guy is getting!
We decided to go for a walk so we bundled up Crew and set out.
There was a ton of snow already on the ground in Deer Valley so it got me gearing up for the Christmas season. (I already have my decorations up). It was our own little winter wonderland stroll.
The Entrance to the lodge
Outside Plaza
Christmas Tree in the lobby
Wood burning fire in the lobby
Now for the food.
Ever since Adam told me we were going back to the Stein Eriksen I started to salivate. Located in the Stein Eriksen is a restuant called Glitretind. It is a 5 star restaurant and it is the BEST--literally--the Best food I have ever tasted. Hands down delicious.
Here was our three course meal in cell phone photos because my camera died.
First, the chef made us a complimentary seveche on a wanton. It was the amazing. I had never had seveche and it was very tasty. My favorite part about it was the perfect hint of cilantro.
.jpg)
Appetizers
Me:
.jpg)
asparagus with vanilla smoke goat cheese panna coata mixed with golden beats and purple beet puree. I ordered it for the experience of trying something new and it was good but Adam's was better.
Adam:
.JPG)
Pork Belly with a pea and potato puree. (pork belly is the same meat that real bacon is made from). It was fatty and so savory.
Entre
Me:
.jpg)
Filet of Washington Beef.
Side note--I am very picky about my beef. I usually don't order beef unless it is from a very nice restaurant (snobish sounding I know) because I like my beef cooked perfectly. When I say I want it medium-well. I mean juicy, with lots of seasoning, slightly pink, and not tough. This particular entre exceeded my requirements and it was so perfect in taste that every bit I chewed slowing and enjoyed eating. I didn't want to miss out on one flavorful bite.
Adam:
.jpg)
Cobe Short Ribs
They were so tender he didn't even need a knife to cut them. I had a bit and it was devine.
Dessert:
Need I say more than just the name of what we ordered. Dessert speaks for itself.
Me:
.jpg)
Chocolate creme brulee with bananas and a peanut brittle pretzel topped with peanut butter gelato
Adam:

12 layer chocolate and creme cake with vanilla gelato
This is our favorite restaurant and for a delicious reason. It was the best way to celebrate our anniversary. I am so glad Adam took us back there for another year together. I love Adam.
First, the chef made us a complimentary seveche on a wanton. It was the amazing. I had never had seveche and it was very tasty. My favorite part about it was the perfect hint of cilantro.
.jpg)
Appetizers
Me:
.jpg)
asparagus with vanilla smoke goat cheese panna coata mixed with golden beats and purple beet puree. I ordered it for the experience of trying something new and it was good but Adam's was better.
Adam:
Pork Belly with a pea and potato puree. (pork belly is the same meat that real bacon is made from). It was fatty and so savory.
Entre
Me:
.jpg)
Filet of Washington Beef.
Side note--I am very picky about my beef. I usually don't order beef unless it is from a very nice restaurant (snobish sounding I know) because I like my beef cooked perfectly. When I say I want it medium-well. I mean juicy, with lots of seasoning, slightly pink, and not tough. This particular entre exceeded my requirements and it was so perfect in taste that every bit I chewed slowing and enjoyed eating. I didn't want to miss out on one flavorful bite.
Adam:
.jpg)
Cobe Short Ribs
They were so tender he didn't even need a knife to cut them. I had a bit and it was devine.
Dessert:
Need I say more than just the name of what we ordered. Dessert speaks for itself.
Me:
.jpg)
Chocolate creme brulee with bananas and a peanut brittle pretzel topped with peanut butter gelato
Adam:

12 layer chocolate and creme cake with vanilla gelato
This is our favorite restaurant and for a delicious reason. It was the best way to celebrate our anniversary. I am so glad Adam took us back there for another year together. I love Adam.





3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a great time. That lodge is beautiful! Love love love your coat! Please do tell me where you got it?
It all looks delicious! P.S. Where did you get those cute boots?
oh my gosh looks so fun and so beautiful.
Post a Comment