Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years

New Years was just as it should have been for us this year. Lots of snow, tucked away in a cabin, watching movies by the fire, sledding, spending time with family, and eating lots of yummy food. 

We headed up to the Nelson's Sundance cabin and enjoyed a long weekend while ringing in the new year. 


The drive way became our sledding hill.








In order to get the saletilite to work Adam had to brush off the snow. He chose to do this in -5 degree weather while in shorts. Needless to say he got snow in his boots. 


There was FOUR feet of fresh snow at the cabin and more snow under that from a previous storm. I decided to try out my new snow shoes from Christmas on the terrain. It was beautiful!




A blanket of snow


I came across this tiny cabin. It reminded me of Hansel and Gretel. 



My sister and brother in law starting out on the loop that earlier we had discovered while I was heading back. 


We had so much fun at the cabin. It is the perfect place to escape to on weekends like this. Crew was still sick but despite his yucky cold he was such a good baby. 2010 has been a memorable year--mostly due to Crew and I can't wait to enjoy 2011. Happy New Year!

No comments: