My garden only produced one butternut squash before the squash bugs got the better of it. So with my one home grown squash I wanted to make the yummiest Butternut soup. I read a lot a recipes and decided to make up my own.
It turned out to be delicious!
I usually don't make up my own recipes that often so I was surprised at home much Adam and I loved the soup.
Here is the recipe: serves 4
Brittany's Butternut Bisque
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves sliced into small pieces--not crushed
3/4 cup shredded carrots
2 golden delicious apples peeled and diced or grated
4 cups butternut squash--roasted at 350 for 1 hour. (1 whole squash)
3 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic in the butter and oil for about 2 minutes. Then add the grated carrots and apples. Cook tell tender.
- In a large pot pour in chicken stock, and season with salt, pepper, and add roasted squash. Stir together then add carrot/apple mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup mixture until smooth. Return to the pot, and stir in the heavy cream and brown sugar. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve warm with a dash of nutmeg if desired.
We ate the soup so quickly I didn't even take a picture. So here is our empty soup pot. So yummy!




No comments:
Post a Comment