Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Party

Our neighborhood has quite an awesome Halloween Party. This year Adam and I went at Hansel and Gretel or more generically--Swiss People.


I love decorations for Halloween, I love trick or treating, but I don't love coming up with a costume. It stresses me out and I usually end up throwing something together last minute--as I did this year.

Early on Saturday morning--the day of the party--I went to my parents house, sorted through the old dress up clothes and costumes and found my mom's traditional Swiss dress that she bought when she visited Switzerland some 20 years ago. Then I quickly, and not very neatly, put together Adam's costume by covering suspenders in burlap and threw on some hiking socks with old brown shorts. 

I am always so inspired by others' costumes and wonder "why didn't I think of that". If you are in the same boat as me...take a look at these other costumes as they might help you plan for next year. 
Did you know you can rent costumes from the Hale Center Theater? I would love to wear that dress. 





The party was a blast! Great food, dancing, and games. It is always fun to get together with our friends and this Halloween Party had all of us laughing the entire time.


No comments: