Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cancun: Part 1

Adam, Crew, and I spent a week in Cancun for the Nelson Family Vacation this year. In years past we have gone to Newport beach but this year we changed it up. The entire family was able to go. All 13 grandchildren and 10 adults.

Photobucket

It was a lot of fun and also a lot of work. Adam and I had to constantly watch Crew. It was kind of exhausting. This was more so a "trip" than a "vacation".  Despite Adam and I having to be in kid-safety mode the whole week we found time to enjoy our surroundings.

First stop for all of us was the beach. Crew absolutely LOVED the beach and the ocean waves.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
I lathered Crew's head and hair in sunscreen. Poor guy...his hair looked liked this greasy mess all day--everyday

Photobucket

He would run straight for the water when he saw it and would cry when we took him out. Adam and I had to take turns with Crew in the water because it was tiresome to hold his hand or lift him up at every wave that rushed in. I am not sure what it is like to have a child that doesn't like the water or sand but I am excited that Crew wanted to be in the water with us. It made the week so much more enjoyable.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Crew guzzled down water bottles.

Photobucket 

For dinner our fist couple of nights we went to a delicious Taco vendor. This taco shop was off of the main road and more of a local hot spot. We inhaled the tacos and salsa. It was so yummy! We would usually feed the kids at the condo and then haul them all out to dinner with the adults while we ate dinner.

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Crew was a trooper. Even though he was so tired he did really well in his stroller (if ever in Mexico just use an umbrella stroller). The first night I will say Crew was a pill. Overly tired and  feeling independent in a dirty side street in Mexico didn't mix well that night and we had to endure a whinny, ornery, crew. After that first night we tried to go to dinner earlier and made sure we brought lots of distractions for Crew so he would stay by us while we ate ie: crackers, cars, balls, and chips.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So even though this is the first post about Cancun it pretty much sums up our time in Mexico: Tacos and the Beach.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Darci said...

I know what you mean by a trip and not a vacation:) What a great trip though, how fun! Excited to see more pictures.

Jamie said...

Cute suit! You always have cute suits though. Where is this one from?

Adam and Brittany said...

Jamie: Thanks!My suits are almost all from Target. I have looked other places before but I always end up loving the suites at Target best--plus they are a great price. Best time to buy swimsuits are in January/February online.