Thursday, January 5, 2012

17 months







If I didn't write down Crew's month to month advancements on this blog I doubt I would realize how much he changes in a month. I feel like Crew is a little man in a toddle body. He talks to us like an adult--mostly in his jibberish--in a very serious matter of fact way. I love the stage he is in right now, although it is busier for us as parents, it is so much fun!

Crew has learned how to go and up and down a step by simply walking or by holding on to a bar to support. This is a big advancement. Yet sometimes he thinks he can do every step on his own. That can be a little nerve racking for Adam and I. 
He has a new obsession with the broom. In fact he has been playing with the broom the entire time I have been typing this post. If he sees it he has to have it and walks around the house sweeping. 
He wears 5.5 shoe size, 2T tops, and 18-24 months pants--tall and skinny!
His current list of words to date is:
Mommy, Daddy/Daayeee, all gone/aahhgon, it's a ball, ball, football/baaaball, grandpa/baapa, go, shoe/shoo, Jesus/Jsus, Whoof, doggy, quack quack, balloon/booon, car/caaar, book

Crew's new trick is that he figured out how to turn in a circle. He will run or turn in circles until he falls because he is dizzy. He also knows how to balance on his head and flip over in attempts to do a somersault. Sometimes I have to put him in time-out and he knows what it means. He has to sit there for 1 minute. When he is done he gives me the bet hug and then off he runs to keep playing. He eats mostly anything we give him but when he tries something new he makes a face of disgust or a sour face like the food tasted like lemons. It is hilarious. Then he tries another bite and eats it with no problem. Crew knows what junk food is and he knows he wants it--especially cookies. He loves being outside and we try to go out everyday. 

When Adam watches Sportscenter Crew will look at the tv and say "ball" and better yet when football is being showed he will say "football". Or when he sees a basketball hoop he points to it and says "ball". The other day I was giving him a bath and he looked at the BYU hot chocolate mug I use to wash the soap out of his hair and said, "BaaBall (football)" while pointing at the Y on the mug. I have a feeling that all the BYU footballs and gear we have acquired for him is paying off in instilling in Crew a love for BYU football. Crew knows where his body parts are and also can point out body parts on other people or stuffed animals. He points to my eyes and mouth all the time.

Crew is ALL BOY! He makes car noises, grunts and growls, and wrestles with is toys. He loves to throw anything he can. When we go outside he will find a rock and immediately start throwing it around.

He is my sweet boy who is willing to share his toys and smile every time he goes down a slide or is getting chased by someone. He loves his daddy and gives the best hugs. I feel like he will always be my baby even though he is getting so big.

No comments: