Every day I make a smoothie. Recently, I adjusted my smoothie recipe so that is would fit my needs better as far as being a complete morning meal. I wanted my smoothie to be a protein smoothie for after my morning workouts and also be packed with healthy food, including veggies. I think I finally perfected the recipe.
Recipe:
1/3 cup Kefir Pomegranate flavor (found at any grocery store)
1/3 cup water (or as much as the blender needs to not let it be too thick)
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Good Earth)
1 Tablespoon Flax Oil (Good Earth)
1 Large Large Large handful spinach (Costco)
1 handful baby kale (local grocery store)
1 1/2 cup Frozen Berries: Organic Antioxidant Blend (Costco)
1 spoonful sugar (this helps mask the dirt-like taste of Kale and Flax oil that I don't like)
Directions:
Place ingredients in BlendTec (or other powerful blender) in order listed and blend till smooth.
***Amounts are estimated as I usually just eyeball and pour it into the blender***
Variations:
You could add 1/2 Banana, avocado, 1/2 cup oatmeal, almonds (soaked over night), or even greek yogurt (plain) to add a different flavor and texture. Try not to add any juices or sugary yogurts.
Happy Blending!





4 comments:
If I stop by on my way to school every morning, will you make one for me? :)
Thanks for the recipe! I like to try different smoothies.
Thanks for the recipe! Sometimes I get stuck in making the same green smoothie every morning so it's nice to switch it up. Just a suggestion, sometimes I put a squirt of mio juice (that liquid you squirt in to flavor water)instead of sugar because it also masks the flavor of the veggies and it's fewer calories :)
That sounds super yummy thanks for sharing
Post a Comment