Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend--Camping

Thursday, Adam and I went camping with my parents and my brother, Parker, in American Fork Canyon. It was our first campout of the summer and it was so fun. We hiked into this "Special Spot" (as my dad called it) right by some beautiful streams and ponds. It was so nice to get away and enjoy the beautiful canyon.

Adam and I roasting hotdogs for dinner. Yum!

My dad wanted this picture--I think it would have been good except that Adam's face is covered by a branch. Oops :)

We went on a hike Friday morning and this was one of the many scenic points on the hike.

The hike took us to beaver ponds. I know you can barley see the ponds but they are there and it is pretty cool to see how the ponds were created by beaver dams.

We hiked through this really tall grass to get to the ponds. Behind Adam is my dad fearlessly leading the way.

The main stream by our campsite.

The meadow where we camped.

Adam, being the amazing boy scout that he is, put our tent together.

Just heading off to hike into our campsite. Parker looks really excited. We only had to hike in about one mile--and it was worth it because we had the best campsite!

4 comments:

Annie. said...

That is the BEST kind of camping - where you hike in! It's the only way to go! Looks like you saw some beautiful places.

P.s. CUTE! The picture at the bottom of your blog of us girls. :)

Annie. said...

P.p.s. Ummm you should delete the one of us at the table because I look like I have a double chin. Yikes.

Darci said...

Your camping trip looked like a lot of fun. We miss you guys as camping buddies:( Niel and I still haven't gone camping once this year! One of these days we will go on a camping outing again.

rach said...

hey brittany! i just found your blog through lindsay's...how are ya, babe??? haven't seen you forever! if you want to visit our blog it's www.rachydave.com