After dinner we watched "the Rocker"which is our weekend deal #1 (a movie for a dollar). It was funny and had some great one liners. It was worth a Red Box one dollar.
On Saturday Adam and I went to the gym. Good start to the day after cleaning the house. Now I could check off two items on my list. When I get to check items off on my list I feel productive and not so lazy. However the best of Saturday was going to Dillards. But first I have to take a step back to my Birthday.
Some people may think having a January Birthday stinks because you just had Christmas. News Flash...in January all the stores have their inventory so EVERYTHING goes on sale. Just so happens that when the sales hit I have newly inherited high cash flow. So, I took some of my Benjamins and went to Dillards and Nordstrom (weekend deal #2).
I first purchased some new jeans. I was planning on buying some Citizens of Humanity but they didn't have my size and I didn't feel like waiting for them to mail them to me so I bought these instead.
Hudson's. I had seen these before but always stuck to what I knew I loved--my Citizen jeans--so I didn't venture out. But I am so happy I tried these on. Adam told me to get them and I glad he did because I love them!Second, I ended up finding 4 sweet pairs of shoes. Some for teaching--I have to have comfortable shoes to teach in since I am standing all day--some for church, and some for normal activities. But the best part is still the deal that I got them for. Are you ready...$120. Honestly, when is the last time you can say you bought 4 pairs of shoes for that much? (and not from Target).
One pair was actually not on sale but since it was on the sale shelf, the salesperson gave me a black stilletto shoe that was originally $79 for $32. Pretty much all the shoes were 70% off. (I'll post pictures of them soon).
Confesion: I like shopping for shoes better at Dillards than at Nordstrom--at least in Utah. Orem has the smallest Nordstrom in the country. Not only that, but my favorite shoe designer, Gianni Bini, is not sold at Nordstrom. Therefore, I like Dillards better--but only for shoes. Dillards also has sales on shoes, read the above paragraph, which I love.
After Shopping, Adam and scored sweet seats, actuall seats--not standing--for the BYU men's basketball game--weekend deal #3. It was awesome to watch Jimmer and Lee beat Wyoming.
To top the day off, Adam and I saw Taken. Good movie, intense, and I recommend seeing it. Leans more towards guys' taste but I like a lot of action movies, thus, I liked it and you may too.

Sunday was Superbowl XLIII and Adam and I watched it at his parents house. We usually cheer for the underdog so we were sad but not devestaed that the Cardinals lost. Still, good food and great commercials. My favorite commercial was the Bud light--drinkability.
This weekend was full of deals from the shoes, to the red box, to the BYU game. I hope your weekend was a fun as ours.




3 comments:
Gianni Bini is one of my favorite shoe brands also. Love them. Love Dillards. Wish the one in Provo had a bigger shoe department.
Geez high rollers...I get my shoes from Target and Ross.
Buuuuut...I will agree that the Orem Nordstrom's stinks. I really don't like the juniors' section, and it used to be my favorite store back home. Weird. I think they must have a bad buyer or something.
Post a Comment