Happy Fourth of July!

The Freedom Parade was excellent, except for the fact that it rained on us for about 5 minuets and the fighter jets didn't fly over.
I ran in the Freedom Run 5K. It is a great course and I ended up running with my cousin Kesli for most of the race. I was really proud because I made it to the finish line at the goal time I set for myself.
After the race and the Parade, Adam and I along with Adam's family went to our Aunt and Uncle's house for lunch and swimming. I made this "divine" Raspberry Ripple cake, as Mike put it. However, I used lemon instead of white cake. Loved it!

I am grateful to live in this country and am proud to honor those who have fought and fight to protect our freedoms. We must always remember how blessed we are to live in America.




2 comments:
Sounds like a fun 4th! Congrats on making your goal time for the race - I'm sure that feels good.
Remember last year's 4th? We had so much fun barbecuing, watching the fireworks, and eating Ben & Jerry's with you guys! Oh yeah. The dud sparklers Talon & I brought were pretty fun too. :)
Since when have you been checking out my blog, eh? :) Glad to know I can check yours out now too. I need to get myself in shape so I can run some 5K's...my goal at this point would be to finish haha
Post a Comment