Day 2 of our cruise was spent on the beautiful island of Barbados. The first half of the day we spent as a group together on the beach snorkeling and relaxing by the Caribbean water. We swam with sea turtles (even got to touch them) and saw two huge sting ray.
Adam won the contest for using the most sunscreen and avoiding the suns rays. He'll probably be the only one to not get cancer.
The second half of the day we split in to two groups. Those of us who are scuba certified went scuba diving and the rest went on a snorkeling excursion.
We planned our scuba dive before we left and I, along with Chelsea, made it very clear that we wanted to dive at our first island stop because we get so nervous about gearing up to dive that it stresses us out. In all honesty I like diving but I get so nervous pre-dive that I feel like I am going to crap my pants and throw-up. Now with that said, I must also add that I forget about all the nerves once I am under water and I always end up liking the dive.
Barbados has been hands-down my favorite place I have dove. We did a shipwreck dive of 5 ships roughly 85 years old. It was amazing. Sorry no pictures. Just trust me that I was so glad did this dive. The water was unrealistically clear and the fish were everywhere.
I don't have a lot of pictures from our evening activities. (I'll have to get those from Burke) However, Nate...AKA "Micky Sunday" killed it at Karaoke night singing "America" by Neal Diamond and all us girls sang a familiar tune..."Hit Me Baby One More Time" by the one and only Britney.
The guys took a group photo. I am not so sure about how the guys are going to feel about me posting this picture but here it is....
This is pretty much how the rest of our evening went after we got back on board from our first excursion. Entertainment at it's peak.




3 comments:
I'm loving your Caribbean posts. Mike and I went to Barbados about four years ago and I loved that island. Looks like boatyard beach from the pictures? Is that which one you went to?
LOL! Shaun would have been there right next to adam. He always goes right to the umbrellas!!
how fun does that look!? im so jealous! and how are you so tan? YOu must spill your secret :) can't wait to see and hear more!
p.s. who had your little one? did you miss him like crazy?
Post a Comment