Friday, June 17, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon

I, along with my sister, ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon on Saturday. This was our second half marathon that we have run. It was a blast and I am so glad I signed up to run.


My goal was to run the 13.1 miles in under 2 hours. I ran it in...

 1:56:44

I took 45th out of 282 runners in my age group. I don't mean to toot my own horn--but toot toot! Seriously, I shocked myself when I saw my time and place. I took off 8 minutes from my last race! I don't even really care about how I place but it was always interesting to look it up after wards.

This course was literally all a gradual down hill with only 2 small hill inclines. Just proves to me that the course can make a big difference. Plus, it was a straight path and the weather couldn't have been better.

My sis and I both agreed that this course and race was 10x better than our Thanksgiving Point half. At first, when I had to wake up at 3:00 AM to drive to Provo to get on a shuttle to take me to the start of the race, I thought to myself, "why am I doing this? I am tired and I should be in bed." But then when I started to run and I got warmed up I was so glad that I was running this race. I felt strong and energized.

The start of our race before the sun came up. Freezing and dark. 

2 half marathons down, 1 more to go.

1 comment:

Alison said...

way to go girl!! now you are way too fast for me to run with:)