We had a fun 1st birthday party with family and friends on Crew's birthday. A "Soccer" theme was chosen for his party because Crew loves to play with his mini soccer ball. He throws, pushes, and chases after his soccer ball literally all day long. If he sees a ball or anything that resembles a ball he gets so excited and has to play with it. A soccer theme seemed very fitting for a boy's 1st birthday. Thanks to Sandra for making the invite and decorations. Amazing!
We gathered at a near by park, ate dinner, played games, and watched Crew demolish his first birthday cake.
The Banner
Cookie/Brownie Toppers
The Soccer Cake
I had fun making the cake and trying a new Marshmallow Fondant
Too bad a little punk-boy at the park came and swiped his finger in the frosting...seriously
Party Favors (Skor Candy Bars)
Jello Jigglers as "red cards", and "yellow cards"
Now for the breakdown of Crew eating his cake.
He started out not so sure about how he felt about the cake and just poked at the soccer ball for a bit
Then he started to warm-up to the idea of eating a cake with lots of frosting
Once he got a good taste of that cake he.went.to.town!
The cake ended up all over him, the floor, and the high chair. At least we were outside but it still made for a lot of clean-up. But watching him eat and throw his cake everywhere was memorable.
Having a lot of our family and friends there to support and celebrate Crew's birthday meant so much to us.
A Big Big THANK YOU to Sandra from Sandra Dee Signs for making all the decorations. She is a dear friend and an amazing designer! Check out her site.
Happy Birthday Crew!

















9 comments:
How fun! I love the themed food items. And that is awesome he dug in so well. Owen just played with his cake more than ate it. Those pictures of Crew with the demolished cake are awesome!
Britt those pictures of Crew demolishing his cake are hilarious! And the look on his face! What a fun party. Wish we could have been there.
Two things:
1. I can't believe some punk kid really did come up and swipe his finger through your frosting. Really?!
2. That pic of Crew totally boozed out on cake is hilarious.
Well done on carrying the theme throughout the food and decorations! I loved that you used cones as part of your decor too. Very impressive! I love the pictures of Crew eating his cake. He really went to town!
haha! I've never seen a kid get so into the cake! That's amazing! Looks like you had fun!
I love love it all! Way to go girl!!!
Thanks for the shout out brit! Crew went to town on that cake...he looks so cute! How fun! I loved the soccer cake too...great job!
Crew looks like he got drunk on all that cake. Hilarious! I can't believe he is already one!
Looks like a great party! I wish we were in town for it. Awesome cake and the pictures are priceless!
Post a Comment