Friday, August 5, 2011

One Year Old

Crew turned ONE year old today! We are having a great day together and he is being such a good little boy on his special day. 


(crew opening his "cars" push-car that we got for him)

Starting last night it hit me that Crew is one and is become quite the "big boy". I made a video of him from birth till present day and it made me get a little emotional. Today I have lots emotions going back and forth between celebration (because I love birthdays) and love as I remember when Crew was born and what this day was like one year ago. Time does go quickly but at the same time I feel like I have really been able to cherish my time with Crew.

I loved being pregnant with Crew and I can even say I loved delivering Crew. He was, and is, the most tender, sweet, and happy boy. He makes everyday better now that he is in my life and I love him more and more as I get to know him better while he grows up.


As a one-year-old these are some of Crew's new developments:

Doesn't like pureed baby food anymore
like to slowing blob and drool his food out of his mouth
stands alone for longer periods of time (10-20 sec)
Mimics sounds like:
ha ha ha ha, da da, mama, and he growls
doesn't like socks or shoes
loves watermelon
puts is cheek on my cheek and hugs me
likes to sit in the sink while I get ready in the morning
wants to turn pages in a book himself
likes me to give him drinks through a straw
 wants to sit and stand "in" the shopping cart not in the baby seat
doesn't like anything touching his head
Plays "pass" really well with his toy balls

Happy First Birthday Crew!
Adam and I love you!

1 comment:

PJ & SANDRA said...

Aww. Crew even looks older in those pictures. I can't believe he is a year old. What a big boy! Have fun at the party. Wish we could be there!