Tuesday, January 24, 2012

26

So I turned 26 last Saturday. Normally, I am all about birthdays being celebrated with the utmost cheer and excitement. However, this year I wasn't feeling too excited about 26. Not a big deal...right? Don't misunderstand, I loved turning a year older and am so happy with where I am in my life right now...but 26 years didn't call for a big celebration.

Instead my family and I went and stayed at the Nelson Family cabin in Sundance. I wanted everyone to get together and just hang out and play games. My brother and sister-in-law drove down from Rexburg to join in the fun.

My mom made a tasty soup and Kneaders "to-go" provided the rest (desserts and breakfast the next morning). We stayed up late and I got to play games with my family. In fact I played a few new games that were really fun...7 Wonders, Nile, and Ingenius. All were really fun!

Photobucket
Adam and Crew playing battleship

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next morning it started to snow...finally!!! So we didn't have much time to hang out after breakfast. We packed up, cleaned up, and headed out to ensure that we didn't get stuck in the snow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a great weekend and I loved celebrating with my family.

Saturday afternoon I opened my present. Adam got me the boots that I wanted which was perfect for our snowing Sunday weather. 

Photobucket

Saturday night Adam took me out to dinner at the Brio, a very tasty Italian restaurant, in Salt Lake. We ordered the yummiest fillet and beef medallions. We got to sit and eat our food while it was still warm--a rare occasion when eating out with a toddler. Then we talked about this year's events that we are looking forward to along with some improvements we want to make in our home and in our lives. It sounds like it was an instense conversation but it wasn't. It was just nice to sit, talk, and eat. 

Photobucket

Although I don't feel 26 years old and I am still trying to get used to saying that I am 26...it was fun to celebrate another year. 

4 comments:

Celine said...

Happy Birthday Brittany!! Glad you had a good birthday :)

jayni & ben said...

Happy Birthday!!!

. said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday Brittany!! You are just adorable!!

lyndsey said...

Happy Happy Day! Great boots.