Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A little of this and that

Collins' blessing dress. 

I only had one day to find her a dress and I had a small idea of what I wanted. Liked the ivory, not the white, dresses and I wanted a gathered sleeve. I loved the look of the elastic on the bodice as well. But that was about it. I spent an hour at one store and couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted. Then I want to Dear Lizzie in Highland, close by my house, and within ten minutes I found the dress and bought it. I think the silk taffeta is gorgeous and I love the organza flowers on the bodice and sleeve. Her dress is simple yet elegant and I hope she can pass it on to her daughter in the years to come. 






The other day Collins fell asleep during her tummy time. I can clearly recall Crew doing the same thing.  I took a picture to capture the similar moment they each had. 



This pretty girl is all cheeks and chub I can't stop kissing her cheeks and giving her squishy hugs.
 She is about 3 1/2 months old here




We recently went to a fun going-away-party for our close friends. It was a par-tay and I will miss the Gardners being my front yard neighbors. She was one of the first friends I had in the neighborhood when we moved in and she is such an example to me of always having a good time no matter what, finding the good in everything, putting family first, and doing the right thing just because it is right.  


A little of this and that to catch up on our happenings this last month. 

3 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Her dress is gorgeous! I'm so glad you found what you were looking for!

Monica said...

I love the close up of her dress. It's beautiful! I'm hoping my girls pass on their blessing dresses too.

jayni & ben said...

she is always dressed amazing!!!