Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Break in D.C.--Day 1 and 2

Yet, another perk of being a teacher as opposed to another job or even being in school is that I get a spring break! Yeah baby. So, I planned a trip to visit Abby and Matt, Abby was one of my college roommates and I haven't seen her since she got married. I have been to D.C. before, right after I graduated from high school, but anyone who has been to D.C. knows that one trip or for me one day is not enough time. Thus, I was looking forward to this 4 day trip. I was in D.C. from Saturday to Wednesday. Saturday night Abby and I saw the last day of the Cherry Blossom Festival which ended in fire works. A beautiful sunset started off our night of monuments. I think the monuments are best in the evening because they are lit up and they were better than I remembered. We saw the Jefferson, the Washington, the WWII, the Lincoln, and the FDR. However, my camera died, of course, so I only got this one photo and Abby has the rest of us at the monuments.


Walking along the Potomac to see the Jefferson Monument.

Easter!

Easter Sunday I spent going to church with Abby and Matt, making dessert for dinner with Abby's friends that evening, and playing a competitive game of pictionary which the girls won. I have to say that I was a little sad I would be missing Easter with Adam but Abby was so sweet and made me and Easter Basket--Thank you Abby. I loved it. Plus, dinner with the Waldrip's friends was very entertaining. They have a great groups of friends and they were so welcoming to me. Easter ended up being a great eveing.


Doesn't this look delicious! Abby and I made Triffle for dessert for Easter dinner. I wish I could give you the recipe but we just made it as we went and it turned out to be scrumpshis.

2 comments:

Darci said...

It sounds like you had an awesome trip! That is great you got to see Cat and Abby! That is cool you were able to see the original flag, Lincoln's hat, etc. What an educational and fun trip!

Heather said...

yummy! I wanted to grab a strawberry out of the middle : )