Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Adam and I recently returned from our week long trip to Mexico.



It was a wonderful trip. It was Relaxing and nice to be back in the Caribbean.

It was also an all-inclusive stay which meant I ordered A-LOT of Miami Vice and Strawberry Margaritas. And Yes, the bar tenders would laugh at me when I would finish my order with the phrase "NO ALCOHOL". I think they laughed at me every time. Finally, I said, "Hey, I'm having a baby--so yeah, No alcohol". I think the worker felt bad for laughing at me after that. But I gained some satisfaction.

While in Playa del Carmen we did an day excursion where we visited

TULUM








(I got eaten alive my mosquitoes. Can you see the huge bite on my chest).

After Tulum we went on some awesome zip lines. I think our baby really liked the zip lines.



We ended the day with some snorkeling in the cenotes (caves with fresh water in them).

We also went the the Xcaret (like a Mexican Disneyland) one evening for a show about the Mayan culture--the ball game was my favorite part.

The rest of the week was spent reading the Hunger Games (read it you will love it) playing sand volleyball, relaxing, and ordering more Strawberry Margaritas and Miami Vice (pinacolada mixed with strawberry daiquiri).








Adam and I were sad we couldn't go scuba diving since I am pregnant (17 weeks along) so we can't wait to plan our next trip to Cozumel, Mexico to dive.

2 comments:

Annie. said...

I love your cute pregnant belly in the first picture! Did you feel well enough to do everything you wanted?

When we went to Spain, I was about 11 weeks and I wanted to puke every time we sat down for a meal. :) Not to mention the plane ride - I literally DID puke the ENTIRE way home! Plane bathrooms + puking = no fun.

Abby said...

Oooh I am so jealous of this trip--a beach sounds fantastic right now! It looks like you guys had a great vacation.

Are you finding out if your baby is a boy or a girl? You should be able to soon, if you want, right?

Give us more info. on the pregnancy! Or better yet, just expect a call from me tonight. I miss you:)