Friday, October 22, 2010

New York City: Day 2

Our second day in NYC was amazing.

We started with a stroll through Central Park. I love central Park. Everything about makes me feel refreshed. I wish we had time to rent bikes ard ride through the park. I'll be sure to put that on the list for the next time we go.










we saw these guys spray painted in gold. They were so still they truly looked like statues. He even balanced the broom on his head for over 10 minutes--no joke.

Next we went to the best--no joke--pizza place Grimaldi's. It is located under the Brooklyn bridge and it is famous for a good reason. There coal oven pizza is the best. Our waiter was spectacular and our pizza was the best I have ever had. Fresh mozzarella, basil, and seasoned to perfection.



Took the metro there







We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge back to New York after lunch.







That evening we went to the Broadway Production of Mary Poppins.

I'll be honest, I don't love the movie Mary Poppins so I wasn't that excited to see the Broadway production. Although, I knew it would be good since most Broadway shows are, I was just thinking it wouldn't be as good as others I have seen.

I was wrong! It was Amazing. I loved it! Even all the guys loved it. (ps it is coming to SLC and you won't want to miss it.)



There is nothing like seeing a show on Broadway to make you feel like you are in NYC!



While I am giving recommendation of things to see and places to go in NYC put the SHAKE SHACK as one of your go to places to eat. It has the best burgers, custards, and shakes. I got a coconut caramel custard that was divine. We ended up eating there twice it was so good.

4 comments:

PJ & SANDRA said...

So fun Brit...I meant to ask you about your trip when I talked to you earlier. Glad you had fun!

Darci said...

I would love to see Mary Poppins. Crew looks adorable in that first picture you posted. What a little trooper he was to chill in the bjourn the whole time!

erika herman said...

Chris loves the Shake Shack, he has already put it on our list of places to eat. Glad you had a great time. :)

Annie. said...

How fun! I would love to see Mary Poppins someday! I always thought the movie was so cute.

Crew is such a good baby! I'll bet it made your trip so easy and fun. I'm imagining taking Eli on a trip like that when he was that age...it would have been IMPOSSIBLE. Haha!

Central Park...how fun!