Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monoply

Adam and I we decided we needed to start getting in the habit of having Family Home Evening. You may or may not agree with me that the Bachelor served as a "good" form of FHE. But now that it is over we need to find a filler activity for FHE. Thus, Monday night Adam started our new Monday evening habit of having a very short message and playing a game. The game he picked...Monopoly. 

http://bradfrostweb.com/images/monopoly_photoshop_template.jpg

If you know me at all you know that I love playing games and that Monopoly is, my mind, the worst game. I don't know why it was even considered a game--it is long, boring, and slow. My hatred feelings toward this game come from my only sister. Every Sunday she would somehow convince me to play this game with her. EVERY time I lost. I don't even think I really knew how to play--which didn't help. Ever since my elemetry years I havd had this animosty towards Monopoly. 

Then a couple years back my sister got Monopoly for us for Christmas. Perfect Right? Wrong. In two years we have never even opened it to play it. I did my best to forget we had it. 

So, when Adam suggested we play, I sucked it up and played. You know what...I actually had a good time playing with him despite the fact that I LOST again. Oh well. 

Next week is my turn to pick what we do for family night and you can bet we won't be playing Monopoly.

2 comments:

erika herman said...

fluseHa, I didn't think anyone else shared my hatred for the game Monopoly. My little brother would con us into playing it and I swear it takes no less than three hours. Barf.

Shannon said...

I don't know many people who do like that game, yet it's so classic. :) I hate it. Maybe I don't have the patience or the strategy for it. I don't like any of those long games...Risk, Settlers of Catan, Life (even though I always make my students play it). I'm not good at the strategy. Though I do like Ticket to Ride. I never have any great strategy, but I tend to win. :)