Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference

Like most everyone else, I really like conference weekend. It is so nice to stay home and watch/listen to the talks while still in pajamas and enjoying yummy food. 
In the past and Adam and I have hopped around visiting families during the different sessions. However, this year we just stayed home and relaxed. 

That said, sometimes when I relax I end up sleeping--something I try to avoid but often fail at--while listening to conference. So, I decided I would keep myself busy by keeping my hands moving but allowing myself the ability to still listen. That will keep me alert and awake. 

Thus, my plan. On Saturday I mended what needed to be mended and clean my kitchen.

Sunday I made crepes and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Plus, it was snowing outside and baking just sounded warm and comforting. 



Recipe:
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
3 Tblsp melted butter
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt

Combine in a blender for 30 seconds. Pour a small amount at a time on a non-stick round skillet and turn pan until the batter coats the pan. Cook till edges are barley brown and pull away from the sides. Serve warm with desired fruit, or peanut butter, or whipped cream and syrup. Yum!

Cinnamon Sweet Rolls



Crew discovered he liked listening to the music but not so much the talks



And I am now on the hunt for the perfect cinnamon sweet roll recipe. I don't love my recipe and would really like to hear what everyone else's recipes are that they love. Send them my way please.

4 comments:

lyndsey said...

Ok, Those look so yummy. I am impressed with your kitchen skills.

Abby said...

Your cinnamon rolls definitely look good! I made some today too--for the first time. It was fun.

Since it was my first time I can't claim that this is my favorite recipe, but I tried the Pioneer Woman's and we thought they were pretty yummy (had to modify the frosting, obviously):

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

Annie. said...

YUM. I wish we'd been baking delicious breakfast foods too! Eli has the croup so instead we were comforting a coughing, non-sleeping, grumpy, and not-feeling-well kiddo. Eek! Excited to get our Ensigns so we can read all the talks!

P.s. Eli saw the picture of Adam and said "beard!" It was pretty funny. :)

Celine said...

I've made this recipe (everyday cinnamon rolls from Our Best Bites) and it was soooo good!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/06/everyday-cinnamon-rolls/