Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Adam and I spent Christmas with the Nelsons. It was my first Christmas away from home. Yeah, I know my family is only in American Fork but we did almost all the Christmas festivities with the Nelsons. So, even though I am not away from home, I feel like I am because I wasn't home for Christmas. However, Adam and I had a wonderful Christmas. The Nelson's have great traditions and I really loved being with the Nelson's on Christmas morning and Christmas Eve.

Adam's family doesn't put any gifts out until Christmas Eve when all the children are asleep because they used to open present up and guess what they are. Instead, everyone wakes up Christmas morning to "their Pile" of presents. Here is Adam sitting by his pile of presents--which we didn't open till 9:00 because all the kids slept in and we had to wait for them. Crazy! I am used to 7:00am present opening but I will admit that it was nice to sleep in a bit.


My pile of presents. Adam brought out one more after I was all done opening my pile. It was a very large picture of the Salt Lake Temple. Adam does such a great job of surprising me.


Here is the full view of the piles of presents and all the family that we enjoyed Christmas with. It was fun to celebrate Christmas with children who still believe in Santa. They were so cute. Every gift they opened their eyes would get wide and their mouths would open big and they were so excited--even if all they opened was a pair of socks.

Adam's big gift was an iTV and a GPS system.
Brittany's big gift was the picture the SL Temple and a fossil watch.
Lucky for us, we got tons of emergency preparedness too! Yes, just what we wanted for Christmas! Thanks mom and dad.

No comments: