Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is a glorious day because I turn 23 today! Birthdays are always enjoyable and I look forward to mine every year. Not only do great shopping sales happen during my birthday, but often Martin Luther King Day is the same day as my birthday and I get the day off. This year that is not the case but Adam and I have some fun plans ahead of us. First, we will celebrate by going out to dinner tonight. Second, Adam is taking me to my first ever Jazz game on Saturday against the Cavaliers. Third, I am going to dinner with the Nelson clan on Friday to celebrate, and forth, I am going shopping on Saturday. Even though Birthdays are only really one day--I like to celebrate my usually all week long with family and friends.

This year, I couldn't think of anything that I wanted for my birthday--I guess Adam spoiled me so well for Christmas. So, instead of a traditional gift from Adam and asked him for a self-composed Poem. When I asked Adam for a poem and possibly some flowers, he looked at me and said, "You know I don't write poems."
"I know," I said, "but that is all that I want."
This gift will last longer and I think I'll remember getting is for the rest of my life. I'll post pictures after today's festivities. So here is to 23 wonderful years! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Celine said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you have lots of fun things planned. Enjoy your special day(s)!

Abby said...

Awesome, you know I highly recommend the birthday poem tradition:) Adam will hate me for saying that. Happy birthday!! Wish I could take you to lunch:(

Darci said...

I love that you asked him for a poem. I laughed to myself when I read what his response was when you told him what you wanted.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! I love that you asked Adam for a poem!

Pie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Britt! love ya!