Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Swollen Jaw
Just in case you were wondering why my lower right jaw is swollen I'll fill you in. A couple days after Christmas I started having the worst tooth ache. Turns out a previous crown (root canal) was infected. I was in so much pain I called my dentist on his cell phone so that he could call in a prescription of antibiotics for me. This all leads to my swollen jaw because I had to go into the Endodontist on Monday for an emergency root canal...so I thought. Turns out, the Endodontist instead made an incision on my lower gum line of the said infected tooth, drained out the infection, put some other stuff back in, and gave my three stitches to put me back together. Lucky me, I get to eat soft foods on one side of my mouth and swish some blue fluid instead of brushing my teeth for three days. After I told my students that I had surgery on my mouth, they looked at me and said, "Oh yeah, I can see that your face is a little fatter on one side." Thanks...I prefer swollen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oooooh Brit, I am so sorry! I hope it feels much better soon!
oh man. I am so sorry Brittney:( Man that had to have hurt a whole lot.
Post a Comment