I tried my best to create a collage wall. My goal was to create something pleasing to look at--simple enough goal right? This blank wall--that has been blank for over a year--needed some artwork on it. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on it. So, I gathered up my frames and photos and this is what I came up with. I am really happy with it. Who knows, maybe I'll add more to it as time goes on and I am sure I'll change out photos when I get around to it. I like the texture and color it adds the room.
Usually my DIY projects turn out looking like DIY projects. So even though I attempt to make items on my own...doesn't mean I end up with my goal in mind. However, this time it did.
Adam's Grandpa Nelson. I love black and white photos of relatives. They are priceless, special, and have so much history to them. Wish I had more.
Pictures of Adam as a little boy
I love the silhouette of Crew
I looked at a lot of collage walls (here, here, and here specifically) before I started mine. It looked rather simple despite my lack of design skills. I only bought the shadow box and the rest I had. I guess that was another challenge I gave myself in making this gallery wall--use what I already have.
Note: it is harder than you think to make a collage wall. It took me roughly two weeks to accomplish. 1. gather frames, 2 cut out tissue paper in the size of the frames to help me visualize where I want the frames to go (that lasted about 3-4 days), 3. I bought command hooks so that I wouldn't have to put holes in the wall if I don't like it look down the road. YES, I did the whole thing with command hooks! 4. Hang the frames. 5. Change my mind about where the frames are hung (I am very indecisive), 6. Change where the frames are and add more tissue paper cut outs, 7. Find photos, 8. Finish hanging the last of the frames and placing in the photos.
When I see my newly decorated wall it makes me so happy. The simplicity of happiness!







5 comments:
looks good!
It looks SO good. I have wanted to do this for a long time myself! Maybe now I will, BUT it might take me longer than 2 weeks :S
Love it!!! Don't you love doing projects all. by. yourself? You go girl!
Britt, it looks great. Well done.
Way to go I love it!
Post a Comment