Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend of the Masters

Let it be know that Adam and I love, yes, love watching the Masters. You read that right--I like to watch golf. 

Now the disclaimer: Growing up I used to complain when my brother watched golf. I told him it was too boring and slow to be entertaining. I told him I would never like watching golf. Well, here I am eating those words. 

However, I only like, or I should say I only watch the Masters. It is like the Superbowl for golf. I can't remember the last golf I watched since last year when we watched the Masters.

But something about Augusta and it's beauty makes watching the Masters so inspiring and amazing. 

And what better way to watch the Master than tucked away in Midway at the family cabin? 


Adam, Crew, and Tiger



Crew crawled everywhere


My mother in law and I quilted baby blankets for Crew


and we happily watched the Master for close to 5 hours on Sunday. It was so relaxing.

At one point I said to Adam, 
Me: "Can we go to the Masters next  year?"
Adam: "Really? You want to go?"
Me: "Yes! Look how gorgeous it is!"

http://golfismyfavoritesport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Post-Augusta-National-Golf-Course.jpgAugusta National Golf Club, Other

Augusta National Golf Clubhttp://chandlerthinks.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/dsc008051.jpg
http://www.andrewricegolf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/10holeaugustanational.jpg
photo

Magnolia Lane - Augusta National Golf Club - Masters

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/IMG_1655.JPG 
 
photo
photo 
 
Sometimes it looks so perfect it looks fake--more reason why I want to see it for myself someday.

3 comments:

Alyssa Lark said...

It was only a weekend at your house? It was a week long event for Taylor. and I agree, I do enjoy watching golf, especially the masters

Annie. said...

Talon always marvels away about how beautiful it is every year since he went. I'm hoping he takes me next time. :) You guys should totally go someday! Doesn't it look incredible? Plus I've heard about Bluebell ice cream and Waffle House for 6 years now since meeting Talon...I am dying to try both.

Lexie said...

Georgia is the bomb, and it really does look like that. It's really hot though, that's the only problem. You would like it!