Sunday, January 4, 2009

Babysitting and the Flu

Adam and babysat some of our nieces and nephews over the break. So, Saturday after Christmas my brother and sister-in-law took off for Cancun and suddenly Adam and I had three kids to watch for 5 days. We stayed at our in-laws to watch the adorable kids because that is where they are living right now due to the situation that they are building a house right now.Honestly, it was nice to have the help from the mother-in-law and sister-in-law (also staying at my in-laws over the break). Adam and I are a little biased but we think we have the cutest nieces and nephews. Below are the three kids we watched. Brynlee 4, Jett 2, Paisley 1.

little Paisley has so much personality. I loved having her all to myself for 5 days.

Brynlee, Paisley, and Jett (thanks Heatlher for letting me barrow your pic)

We made sure that we kept the kids busy by doing a lot of fun activities like going to Kangaroo Zoo, playing in the snow outside, and bowling. The kids got better scores than I did in blowing but they had bumpers and a ball roller-thingy. Anyway, we had fun with the kids. Our plan was to wear them out during the day, not give them a nap (except Paisley) and then they would sleep better at night. I think we succeeded.


Right after we went bowling I started feeling realy sick. I kept saying, "my stomach feels sick". By the time we reach home, I threw up all my Costa Vida lunch. I officially had the 24 hour flu. I eventually threw up about 12 times and even threw up my stomach acid. No fun. I haven't thrown up since 9th grade so I think I made up the time for the years passed. At one point during the night I looked over at Adam and said, "I have the flu, a tooth ache (I am getting a root canal on Monday), and three kids...How did this happen?" He just laughed and kept holding back my hair as a puked.

I missed all the New Years Eve parties because I was so weak, had a fever, and my body ached to much to do anything. So, instead, Adam and I played Barn Yard Rummy with his parents and sister and brother-in-law. We did watch the ball drop though.

While I was sick, Adam was so good and took work off to watch the kids.

Now than we are done babysitting I look back on the experience and have come to the realization that it was hard to watch three kids, enjoyable at the same time because they are so dang cute with lovable personalities, but I am grateful Heavenly Father only (usually) blesses us with one child at a time.

1 comment:

Darci said...

I was laughing as I read your blog. "wearing the kids out during the day so that they sleep better at night".

I am so sorry you got so sick! Man, at least you got it out of your system before school started. A root canal?! I am so sorry Brit...I am hope that goes ok.